I am a Ph.D. candidate in economics at Fordham University in New York with research interests in macroeconomics and international finance. I study how macroeconomic policy interacts with the business cycle in emerging countries. Using empirical methods and theoretical models, I explore policies that mitigate and exacerbate the adverse effects of the cycle. For example, my latest paper studies how the dynamic path of public investment affects the business cycle in countries where the government relies heavily on oil revenue.
Before entering graduate school, I gained three years of experience in macroeconomic policy analysis in organizations such as the National Statistics Institute and the U.S. Embassy, both in Ecuador, where I assembled datasets and wrote reports.
Department of Economics
441 East Fordham Road
Bronx, NY 10458
- April 2014. Fordham has awarded me with an Alumni Dissertation Fellowship for 2014-2015. It will allow me to devote full-time work to research during the academic year.
- March 2014. The paper “Government Investment and the Business Cycle in Oil-Exporting Countries” has been accepted for presentation at the 20th International Conference of the Society for Computational Economics.
- February 2014. The paper “Government Investment and the Business Cycle in Oil-Exporting Countries” has been accepted at the 14th Annual Missouri Economics Conference, organized by the research departments of the Federal Reserve Banks of St. Louis and Kansas City, and the University of Missouri–Columbia.
- February 2014. A preliminary version of the paper “Government Investment and the Business Cycle in Oil-Exporting Countries” is now available.
- January 2014. The paper “The Reaction of Government Spending to the Business Cycle: Some International Evidence” is circulating as Fordham University Discussion Paper 2014-02.
- November 2013. I successfully defended my dissertation proposal.
- October 2013. I presented the paper “The Reaction of Government Spending to the Business Cycle: Some International Evidence” at the 50th Annual Meeting of the Missouri Valley Economic Association.